Disclaimer: This sounds superbly awful. In fact, when I first heard about it I didn’t try it for at least 6 months because I didn’t trust the recipe. I figured it would be something one would have to drink as if they were on the final stage of Fear Factor. Rest assured, it’s delicious, like a super creamy latte.
Disclaimer 2: The guy who is responsible for making this coffee popular is a scam artist, IMO. He doesn’t deserve to have his name mentioned. He peddled this recipe so he could sell his own brand of coffee and MCT oil (while telling you his brand was super special and “low toxin” and all this other nonsense). It was all a lie. One of dozens the guy uses to promote himself and his products. With that said, it doesn’t mean this coffee recipe is bad for you or that it’s a scam—just know that it won’t give you superpowers.
Disclaimer 3: Be aware of the warnings I posted here as many have come to misuse Bulletproof Coffee (based on claims made) on a regular basis (usually as a meal replacement).
Bulletproof Coffee Ingredients
- Single Estate, Columbian Amber Caveman Coffee (****ing delicious! But use any high quality coffee you want)
- Unsalted Grass Fed Butter (Kerrygold)
- 100% Pure MCT Oil (important that it’s pure and not cut with crap oils)
Make sure the butter you use is grass fed. Kerrygold is a brand most likely available in your area. The fat from grass fed cows is not the same as the fat from grain fed cows. Grass fed is far better in every capacity.
How to Make Bulletproof Coffee
- Place 2 to 6 tablespoons of grass fed butter in large cup or mug.
- Pour 1 to 3 tablespoons of 100% pure MCT oil over the butter.
- Brew 16 ounces of coffee (I use a Chemex) and pour into the mug.
- Blend with an immersion blender. (I also highly recommend the Ninja with Single Serve — it makes 16 ounces perfectly).
What will it do for me?
The fat in the butter and the effects of the MCT oil (medium chain triglycerides extracted from coconut oil) will keep you full and energized for hours. It also provides necessary saturated fat (yes, you read that correctly) and CLAs (Conjugated linoleic acids). Cholesterol is the building block of hormones. Demonizing cholesterol and saturated fat was one of the worst mistakes of the mainstream healthy and fitness industry.
I now use an Aeropress instead of a Chemex and couldn’t be happier. The Aeropress is cheaper, easier, faster, and the taste is smoother. Seriously, get an Aeropress. The picture makes it look like a POS, but it’s solid, portable, and works extremely well and soooo simple to use and clean.