Today, I get to talk with Laura Schoenfeld. who is a Registered Dietitian with a Masters in Public Health Nutrition (MPH) and Kelsey Marksteiner, who is a Registered Dietitian with a Master’s degree in Human Nutrition and Functional Medicine.
Even though they are registered dietitians, they are not just towing the mainstream line. They come from a primal point of view and value real health and nutrition.
We get to talk all about gut health and how vital it is not only for health and wellness, but for fat loss and peak performance as well.
Some of the topics we cover in this episode are:
- What kinds of mainstream BS do you have to wade through?
- Why should people care about gut health?
- Are food sensitivities real? Do you really have to ban foods from your diet if you test positive for sensitivities?
- What is the optimal balance of probiotics?
- What are we trying to accomplish with the introduction of probiotics?
- What about resistant starch supplementation?
- How does the lack of seasonality affect gut health?
- How has the domestication of produce affect bacteria?
Mentioned on the Show:
- Ancestral RDs Podcast
- Ancestral RDs website
- ALCAT Testing
- Ancestralize Me
- Healthy Gut, Healthy Life
- Rebooted Body Blog Posts
Support the Show:
Leave a comment and let me know your thoughts/feelings/obstacles/struggles/etc. below.
Kevin Geary is the founder of RebootedBody.com and a respected expert on cravings, eating psychology, and long-term habit change. He’s helped tens of thousands of men and women in over 35 countries around the world through his online academy and now offers all of his signature programs through a “pay what you want” model.