Chad Walding is a pioneer for the new paradigm of health and fitness. He is a Doctor of Physical Therapy who specializes in treating the spine. He is the co-owner of Alchemy fitness + flow, a holistic based gym in Austin, TX. He is also a co-founder and writer for The Paleo Secret, a health, fitness, and nutrition blog dedicated to empowering individuals to make positive changes in how they move, eat, think and live.
Chad and I discuss the healthcare industry, food as medicine, how disease can almost always be traced back to your environment, the top three things people are doing wrong with their bodies, how to increase flexibility, and much more.
I also got the answer to a few listener submitted questions:
- How do you increase flexibility? I’ve heard static stretching is bad but if you can’t static stretch, how do you get more flexible?
- Is wearing braces on the knees or ankles beneficial or harmful?
- If I have a muscular or skeletal issue, how can I make sure I get the proper treatment? Should I go see my doctor or look elsewhere? Are there any specific questions I should be asking?
- Do muscular injuries in the back affect spine alignment?
- What are your thoughts on chiropractors?
- What supplements do you recommend, especially for bones and joints?
Important Links from the Show
- Paleo Secret
- Alchemy Fitness and Flow
- Sitting Solutions
- Paleo Secret Ebook
- Chad’s Warmup
- Paleo Secret on Twitter
- Paleo Secret on Facebook
Kevin Geary is the founder of RebootedBody.com and a respected expert on cravings, eating psychology, and long-term habit change. He’s worked with thousands of men and women in over 35 countries around the world through his online academy and programs like Shut Down Your Sugar Cravings.