I recently came across an article that Robb Wolf shared called “A Little Bite Won’t Hurt: The Failure of Moderation.” It was written by a Registered Dietitian and reminded me that most people don’t understand moderation. It prompted me to hop on the mic and talk all things moderation, which includes talk about willpower, discipline, motivation, and addiction.
In the second episode, I’ll make my way through the comments section on that article and discuss some of the real-world moderation talk that furthers misunderstanding and destructive advice.
Mentioned on The Show
- RB139: What Nobody Seems to Understand About Moderation (Part 1)
- “A Little Bite Won’t Hurt”: The Failure of Moderation
- Eating Real Food is Too Restrictive!
- Food Restriction, Orthorexia, and The Overton Window
- The abysmal success rate of AA.
- Finish Line Syndrome
- Evolutionary Mismatch
- Optimal Foraging Theory
- Decode Your Cravings